Wednesday 18 April 2007

Male interpreter

Right now, a new trainee is working as Sign Language interpreter this week and next week. Sometimes trainees come here and work as trainee interpreters. They are studying to become qualified interpreters.

But my deaf friends seems to think that this trainee is very special, they almost jump for joy and are very surprised. Why? Because this trainee is male.

Have they never seen a male interpreter? Sure, there are more female interpreters than male interpreters, but it's not that unusual with male interpreters.

I have lived here and there and moved around to different places, so for me, male interpreters are not unusual. Maybe my deaf friends in this town haven't seen any male interpreters? That's why they are so overjoyed with this male trainee? Hmmm... interesting...

Well, just my thoughts for today...

No comments: